- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry tempura mix
- 2 tablespoons yellow corn meal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon MSG
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 chicken breast filets
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns
- 1 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 dash onion powder
The sauce is fairly self explanatory. Simply mix.
The chicken is the most difficult aspect, to create the breaded fillet simply :
- Beat the egg and add to the water in a shallow bowl.
- Combine the flour, tempura mix, salt, pepper, MSG, onion powder, corn meal, garlic powder in a large zip lock bag.
- Take a chicken breast and pound hard until around 6mm thick
- Toss the breast into the egg / water mix and then into the zip lock bag and coat it. Shake it about and do this with all 4 chicken breasts, leaving them in the bag.
- Freeze for around an hour.
- Remove the breasts, dip in the egg / water mix and coat again in the remaining dry mixture.
Now get the deep fat fryer ready, heat to 375 degrees f (175 c). Deep fat fry all 4 fillets for 10-12 minutes.
Take your bun and lightly toast. Take the top piece and place the sauce on it, then generous pinch of shredded lettuce and 1 tomato slice.
Now add the chicken and the bottom bun, flip over and you’re done.