- 30g ground chuck
- 15g ground beef
- 2/3 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/16 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/32 teaspoon garlic powder
- American cheese slice
- 2 slices dill pickles
- 1 tablespoons chopped onion, soaked in ice cold water
- Mix both cuts of meat in a large bowl and blend.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a different bowl.
- Ensure each meat patty is 45g (1.6oz).
- Roll flat and place between 2 non stick sheets on a baking tray and freeze for 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer 2 minutes before you’re ready to cook.
- Preheat a large nonstick pan to high, Place patty into pan and cover with half the dry mix and leave alone for 30 seconds.
- Press down with a spatula, flip and repeat the season, cook press process.
- Add a slice of American cheese and get ready to build burger.
- Take bun and microwave for 10 seconds in a damp kitchen towel.
- Place 5 small dots of ketchup in 4 corners of burger and the middle (no. 5 on a 🎲)
- Place 4 small dots of mustard in the empty spaces
- Place 2 slices of pickle on top, add the diced onion (drained) and then top with the bun.
The real cheeseburger has the following ingredients:
Sugar, Yeast, Vegetable Fat (palm), Gluten, Wheat flour, Soya flour, Emulsifier (E471,E481), Salt, Anti-oxidant (E300), Enzymes, Thickening agent (E412)
Beef, Fat (Beef)
Cow’s milk, Salt, Rennet, Water, Milk solids, Non fat milk solids, Emulsifier (E322,E331,E332), Cheese flavour, Acidity regulator (E260, E330), Preservative (E200), Colourant.
Tomato paste, Water, Fructose corn syrup, Glucose syrup, Vinegar, Salt, Spice blend.
Brined Gherkin, Water, Vinegar, Salt, Flavouring, Preservative (E202, E327), Emulsifier (E425i).