- 1 sesame-seed hamburger bun
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- Dash salt
- 3 dill pickle slices
- 1 teaspoon Ketchup
- 3 to 4 onion rings 2 tomato slices
- 1/4 cup chopped lettuce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
How to make it:
- Preheat a barbecue grill on high, or a grill if that’s all you have.
- Toast both halves of the bun, face down, in a hot skillet pan. You may need to add a rub of oil. Leave to cool.
- Form the beef into a thin patty slightly larger than the bun. If you’ve bought feel free to squash. Pure beef is all that’s needed.
- Lightly press salt into the patty and cook on the barbecue or grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Build the burger in the following stacking order from the bottom up:
How to build:
Bottom bun, Hamburger patty, Pickles, Ketchup, Onion rings, Tomatoes, Lettuce, Mayonnaise, Top bun